Ryan speaks with Darius Boyd, former professional athlete of 15 years playing at the highest level of the NRL, with Brisbane Broncos and the QLD maroons amongst others.
Ryan & Darius discuss:
- His journey of being raised by his mum, his dream of playing rugby league and the doubts along the way.
- Darius’ well-publicised break from the game, when he sought help for his mental health.
- The pressure of playing at the highest level and why he doesn’t watch the games on TV.
- The stigma of mental health in the game and why it needs to change.
- His new business ’The I in Team’ and how he’s helping businesses and sporting teams to raise their awareness around mental health, so others don’t go through what he did.