Written by Ryan Tuckwood
Recently Hubspot has come out with some amazing statistics about sales, and how customers regard salespeople as a whole.
Why are we sharing these with you? Because they blew our minds. But also because knowing the facts about how customers perceive salespeople and being sold to is an invaluable tool when it comes to approaching people and making your pitch.
What are the facts?
- 42% of people would be encouraged to make a purchase if the sales rep called back at an agreed-upon, specified time.
- 41.2% of salespeople said their phone is the most effective sales tool at their disposal.
- 57% of people said they would be encouraged to make a purchase from a salesperson who doesn’t try to apply pressure or hassle them when following up.
- Using “Did I catch you at a bad time” makes you 40% less likely to book a meeting, while asking “How are you?” increases your likelihood of booking a meeting by 3.4X.
- The top way to create a positive sales experience, according to buyers, was to listen to their needs (69% of all votes).
- About 47% of top performers ask for referrals consistently, versus only 26% of non-top performers.
It’s pretty clear that your prospecting, sales language and follow-up is not important, but vital for success in sales. You may not even know it, but your strategy could be flawed and holding you back from thousands of dollars in sales.
How can SWISH Sales Coaching help you?
We’re extremely fortunate to have trained over 6,500 salespeople and organisations, including the likes of Mercedes Benz, American Express, Westpac, National Storage, Australian Skin Clinics in increasing their sales and communication skills. In short, we’re trying to make our ethical sales method the one that’s used by salespeople worldwide.
At SWISH Sales Coaching, we offer a variety of methods of sales training created to ensure you learn how to sell ethically and with the best interests of your customer in mind. Our goal is to get you making more sales and making more money all while moving away from the less desirable practices that have unfortunately become standard. After all – you don’t want someone to talk at you and pressure you into a sale, so why would your customer?
Our sales training and coaching goes through all the steps to ethical sales, including language, tonality, and methods for your pitch and follow up. We’ll give you the practical skills you need to get out and start making sales straight away.
To learn more about how you can benefit from virtual sales training so that you can take your sales efforts to the next level, read about our proven sales training, sales coaching, and sales courses. No matter if you are located in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast or anywhere in the world, we are able to assist in providing the most innovative ethical sales training.